The Incredible Adventures of Gourmet Gal

Friday, August 18, 2006

THE GIANT VOID INSIDE ME


“Why are you taking it so personally!” J softened his voice and rubbed my head after reading my last couple of postings. “You make it sound like all the bad restaurants are a conspiracy against you!” he shrugged with the ease of summer breeze.

I eyed my hubby suspiciously. COULD HE BE IN ON IT, TOO?

Judging by the postings, I imagine some of you have already called me aloft and stand-off-ish, but guess what? I consider it progressive activism.

MY 4 RULES:

I CARE ABOUT WHAT I EAT!
I DON’T LIKE MY PALATE TO BE FOOLISHLY TOYED WITH!
JUST DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISED!
OTHERWISE IT IS PERSONAL!

DAMN IT!!

After yet another disappointing experience last week at “Bread & Olive” (24 West 45th Street New York NY 10036) - the best Chicken Shawarma in town, stated in New York Magazine. I was ready to shut down my blog and chew barks for the rest of my life. For me, the sandwich was just …, ur, clean. Nothing extraordinary. It didn’t even taste as middle eastern (think of intense charring, exotic flavor, throaty cry and passionate drumming) as it promised. I understand it was in midtown Manhattan, but come on!

THERE IS ONLY ONE PLACE THAT COULD LIGHT MY FIRE AND SET MY HEART SOARING AGAIN …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll.net